Sheepdogs Are A Treasure


I really love sheep dogs. 
Image result for nz sheep dog

When I was little, we had family friends who had the most beautiful sheepdog, Molly. This was long before we got our own dog, so I was especially in love with this dog. When her family went out of town, we took her for the week. I got up early every morning (first and last time I've ever done that voluntarily) and walked her around the culdesac.

It felt like a substantial walk at the time.

Give me a break, I was seven.

Anyway, the point is that I LOVED that sheepdog.

When our tour bus pulled up behind a flock of adorable sheep on a country road in New Zealand, I almost exposed how much I obsess over love sheepdogs when I saw one go to work for the first time. There were three dogs that we could see, one in the back herding the sheep away from the road, one on the left of the flock keeping them from leaving the path, and another standing majestically at the hill on the right of the sheep. With coordinated barking and running, they guided the white blob of bleating cotton balls out of our path.

I think I cried a little.

Or squeaked.

Or both.

I'm not a dignified person.

But I think that someday, I might need to get myself a sheepdog.

Auckland, New Zealand

Comments

  1. From savory teriyaki and crispy tempura to comforting udon noodles and fragrant rice bowls, each dish is thoughtfully prepared to capture the essence of Japanese culinary culture and satisfy even the most discerning palate. For those seeking a taste of traditional Japanese fare, our menu sakura food boasts an array of delectable entrees inspired by centuries-old recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Things

A Life Beyond Screens

I'm Off On An Adventure!